Dear brothers and sisters,
We are thankful for the Lord’s protection and provision during this pandemic. As the restrictions have eased and the State has plans to re-open, we are glad to announce that our church will be re-opening for in-person worship service beginning May 16, the week after Mother’s Day. To facilitate a smooth re-opening and to ensure the safety of brothers and sisters, we will be starting first with the Chinese Congregation. The English Congregation will continue online and will not be in-person until June 6 when we have the combined worship service. The goal is for the English service to continue in-person on June 13 at 11am but due to the challenges of a second separate live-stream setup, the English service may be moved to 1pm until the second live-stream set-up is ready. The tech team would appreciate your prayers as they strive to make it work. Please check the church website for updates on this.
In compliance with the Health Protocol, the following will apply:
- Only the sanctuary and restrooms will be open. The fireside room will be opened only if needed.
- Restroom use will be limited to 1 person at a time.
- Masks will be required at all times even for those who have received the vaccine.
- Singing will be limited, with masks on.
- Request that brothers and sisters signup on the website to ensure that we have enough capacity.
- Request that you stay home if you have a cough, temperature, or any flu-like symptoms.
- Temperature will be taken at the door to ensure that those entering do not have a fever.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided at the door
- Seating will be at the marked spots and social distancing practiced at all times.
- No shaking of hands and no congregating inside the church.
- No access to kitchen and no snacks or meals
- No childcare will be provided.
- Those 65 and above who have not been vaccinated should consider staying at home.
- Contact tracing will be performed.
- No parking in the School Parking until further notice.
Please refer to the Health Protocol for further information. If you have any questions on the signup, please contact Andrew Au, Wen Yean, Magdalen or Benny Ng.
Church Re-opening Committee
若要得知更多信息，請參閱「實體崇拜衛生計劃案」。若在註冊上有任何問題，請與區子勤 (Andrew Au)、文燕、孔姊妹 (Magdalen) 或Benny Ng聯絡。
Dear Brothers and Sisters,
12345Church will be reopened for English In-Person Worship on 06/06. Due to limited seating for social distancing, please sign up to help us to plan. To sign up please click on the . Here is re-opening schedule.
12345For this Sunday, the worship service will be live-streamed for the Chinese-speaking and English-speaking congregations. The same worship service will also be live-streamed only in Cantonese. Both worship services will be available on the church website’s Homepage (ccfcalh.org) .
On May 15 (Saturday) at 7:00 pm, there will an evangelistic meeting (in Mandarin) via ZOOM. The topic is “Where Is Hope?”, the speaker is Pastor Gary Hua. Please pray for this event, and invite your friends and relatives.
To join the meeting, please either click this link or input ZOOM Meeting ID: 983 7725 2155
五月十五日(週六), 晚上七時藉著 ZOOM 視頻會議方式舉行普通話的佈道會, 佈道會的講員是華欣牧師, 信息的題目是「指望在哪里？」請邀請親友來參加, 也請在禱告中紀念此佈道會。
可由以下兩種方式進入 ZOOM 佈道會：請點擊此鏈接 參加，或輸入ZOOM會議號碼: 983 7725 2155
- As we participate in this Gospel ministry, ask God to purify us and all the brothers and sisters in our church. (Ephesians 5:26-27)
- Pray for those who will be serving in the EV meeting that they will be humble and loving. (Psalms 139:23-24)
- Ask God to prepare the hearts of those who will be coming to the meeting. Pray that we will worship God in spirit and in truth. (John 4:24)
- Ask God to lead people to come to the EV meeting and that the newcomers will be able to join the Zoom meeting without any problems. (John 14:6)
- Ask God to bind the works of Satan. Ask the Holy Spirit to work in the hearts of the seekers, that they will truly understand the way of salvation and repent of their sins. (1 Peter 5:8)
- Ask God that those who receive Christ, and those who are seekers, will stay to attend the breakout rooms. Pray that they will clearly understand what salvation is and experience our welcome and care toward them. (James 2:8)
- May God’s glory be manifested in everything we do through the online EV meeting. May He receive all the glory and praise. (Ezekiel 11:19; Revelation 7:12)
[5/28-5/30]: Spring Retreat for the Chinese-speaking congregation/春令退修會（僅有中文部）
On May 28-30, our church will have a Spring Retreat for the Chinese-speaking congregation only. The speaker will be Pastor Norman Chung. Please begin praying and preparing our hearts for this event. The Spring Retreat’s schedule is below.
今年春令退修會（僅有中文部）將於 5/28（週五）至 5/30（主日）舉行，講員是鍾舜貴牧師牧師，春令會主題是 “祭壇到靈宮” 。 請弟兄姊妹們為春令會代禱，也開始預備我們的心同來參加。春令會聚會時間及内容如下.
We hope you are doing well and invite you to join us for Family Worship on Sunday evenings from 7-8pm. Part of the reason we’ve adopted this new format is to better partner with you in the spiritual development of your children. We’ve observed that when parents participate in worship together with their kids, it enhances the worship experience. Your participation is valuable in modeling faith and worship to the next generation, so we appreciate those of you who have been attending! Please note that Family Worship replaces the previous Sunday Children’s Worship at 11am, BUT Jr. High and Nursery Sunday School Zoom meetings are still occurring on Sunday mornings.
We encourage your family to Zoom together on a single device (preferably with a large display screen) to minimize WiFi issues. Please turn on your video and have your Bibles handy. Translation will be provided as needed. Feel free to invite others using the attached flyer, but please do not post publicly. We hope you can join us!
Topic: CCFC Family Worship
Time: Every Sunday night 07:00 PM Pacific Time
Please request ZOOM meeting ID and Password from Sister Kay Chen.
Also, due to limited time during the meetings, we haven’t been able to practice the monthly memory verses with the kids as usual. If you are able to help your children memorize the monthly verses or offer incentives/rewards to those who do so, that would be greatly appreciated.
Lastly, we regularly send out a monthly newsletter with more information on weekly lessons, announcements, prayer requests, etc. If you would like to receive the newsletter, please reply to this email. You can unsubscribe at any time. Please feel free to contact Sister Kay Chen if you have any questions, thank you!
[弟兄姐妹可以有兩個方式奉獻 There are two ways to make offerings to church] :
- 郵寄支票到教會 Mail checks to : Chinese Christian Family Church, 115 S. Marengo Ave., Alhambra, CA 91801
- 教會現在可以接受網上奉獻，在教會網站上有連接。 The church is now accepting offering online and the link is on the church website.
Please contact Pastor Elton Chu if you have received Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord, and are willing to be baptized.